Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The New Year: 365 days of Awakening

The New Year: 365 days of Awakening

Day 4, January 4, 2011
Between Peace & Joy

The place between peace and joy is what is felt when a hardened sponge opens up in the ocean after being dry for so long and from it, creatures soundly asleep inside also open up and swim forth and is set free. The heart begs to open up like the sponge, for life to be breathed into it.

I find it hard to open my heart when the majority of my day is passed with people I care nothing for, but then that may be the point. The day's meditation calls for my heart to open up while doing the dishes and watching it unfold. I don't do dishes on a daily basis but I wash my hands frequently and I can imagine my heart closed. Where do I stand?

My issue is opening my heart during the day. Should I open my heart when I am home; at work? What are the consequences of an open heart is enemy territory? I am pretty sure that if my mom were here she would tell me something to the effect that self-doubt are negative powers at work around me.

In addition to the meditation of opening my heart, I will also pray about about my doubts.


Sincerely,
~Cher

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment