Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Book of Awakening. Day 13

The Book of Awakening. Day 13
January 13, 2011
Why We Need Each Other

The book quoted a haiku about a blind boy marveling at the cherry blossoms with his mother pointing out the trees; both appreciating them equally but in different ways. To me, this points out that we are all blind in our own ways.

In my life I can be and have been blind to many things. I have gotten caught up with myself, our son and our home that I became blind to the things that made our home: our love. We no longer saw things the same way, we no longer saw each other same. Thankfully and gratefully we see things with a similar set of eyes but it has been a struggle... A therapy or a rehab of sorts training us to see again, to be again.

It should never be that the possible loss of the other is what makes you see, that brings you back from the dark, but like many others before us and for more to come, that is what it took.

If I ever do become blind again my hope is that my love will be the one who will point out the cherry blossoms.


Sincerely,
~Cher

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment