Monday, January 10, 2011

The Book of Awakening. Day 10

The Book of Awakening. Day 10
January 10, 2011
Akiba

Nepo (2000) excerpted from the Talmud: upon his deathbed Akiba cried to his rabbi upset because he had not lived a life like Moses. The rabbi responded in saying that Akiba's sin was not that he fell short of Moses's life but not being Akiba and living the life he was given

We spend a lot of time as humans trying to be like those we are not... We aspire to be people we are not hence working against God basically telling him that His work to make us was not good enough. What a slap in the face!

I cannot say that I aspire to be someone I am not but then I have not fully looked at myself yet. However, I wear my hair how it was made, curly. I don't chemically straighten it although I do work at making it more manageable. I waited, listened and heeded the path I was supposed to take and not my mother's path or the path she wished I would take. I chose this life because God put it in my heart, in my mind and finally laid it out for me.

I am not Moses. I am not Akiba. I am me and through this, trying to be the best me possible.

I thank you for your support and guidance.


Sincerely,
~Cher

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment