Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Opening your heart

Opening your heart

How can you open your heart to trust when you've been hurt? I ponder that question after a long conversation with a good friend.

Both our lives are similar: the home, car note, children, responsibility. In our dual lives we are both the household administrators. And similarly, the trust has wavered. I cannot really compare both relationships for her has lasted twice as long an has endured far more hardships than mine. Nevertheless, hurt is hurt and it hurts! But how do we truly begin to blindly trust again or am I naive to think that I am supposed to Trust blindly at all? Did our naïveté indirectly cause our hurt?

I ask not because things are bad, but because they are on the precipice of change (or rather my life is). Change is great and I do not resist it nor expect resistance but I wouldn't be me if I did not question the circumstances. Both relationships are at a happy place and have been for a long time. The responsibilities have not changed and thankfully there is more openness and communication in both and that is always great but must we pass the hurt hurdle in order to get to that [happy] place?

I am no victim of circumstance. I truly and wholeheartedly believe that everything happens for a reason, but come on universe, must it be like this?

I pose this question to my few followers, my universe and anyone willing to read... What do u think? Is it always like this? Must all relationships hurdle hurt? Does the passing of the hurdle guarantee relationship success?


Sincerely,
~Cher

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment