Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring time.

Spring time, the vernal equinox, gives us renewed hope and faith that life will be okay. The flowers and trees will once again bud and awaken us with the smell of freshly cut grass, the sway of the cherry blossoms and the sweet smell of magnolia in the air.

For me, spring represents another year; a reminder that life while it may seem long in the present, looking back, the distance is somehow shorter. Many occassions long past seem like yesterday: being my mom's little girl, moving out on my own, meeting my partner, the birth of our son, purchasing our home and many other milestones are fresh in my mind. The winter was bumpy, and cold and there were some dreary nights. But...

Spring allows me to dream again, to feel the warm wind all over me like the embrace of a loved one. In the spring, even the rain feels nice: warm and sticky another opportunity to show off my ruffle umbrella. In the spring everything seems alive and fresh.

Happy Spring everyone, hapy spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment