Friday, April 9, 2010

Purging bad management & friendships. Ha!

Okay I punked. The jig was up... In retrospect if there is freedom of speech and we are supposed to be "friends" then as a friend you should know how I truthfully feel about the state of your labor management (that's putting it tactfully) and your so called friendship. Don't try to figure me out... here it is.

What type of an organization that has no set rules in place, makes exceptions to their own set rules as it goes along and can never make a decision? It is a firm that despite it's many years is still in it's infancy (Michael Gerber, cannot solve this one!). No organization like that can expect employee loyalty at the job or in a public forum. Don't ask, it's true, as Martin (Lawrence) said: "stop, think about it."

I once read that just because you are good at your job, that is does not mean that you will be good at running a business. Michael Gerber (The E-Myth) called this an "entreprenuerial seizure." It's true. You figure you can do [this] because as a technician, you are great, but being managed and managing is different. In my opinion, you cannot effectively manage and be real friends at the same time. It doesn't work boo-boo. Your delegation is defined as laziness to the regular employee. Stop, think about it. Are there exceptions to the rule? Yes. But not all people can separate their anger at work from the friendship you hold.

You and I are "friends," but not really. Yes, I can see you on a social networking site, but that is it. We are not tight like that. You are not one of the people that I seek when I am down, when I need perspective, a laugh (unless I am laughing at the many silly things you do or recounting it to my real friends). I believe that if you look for sh*t you will find it. Don't dig into my friends, what I have said before, who I have a relationship with or my personal business and feelings at all because you have no right. Please do not question me. I don't want to hurt you and it isn't even about you, it's about your donkiness (another word for donkey is?) and the onus you say I have to take that you do not. Ha!

Work and life are totally separate to me. How I am at work and how I am out of work are different. At work, I will not respond "your momma" or "tell your momma..." as I probably would in real life. One thing does remain constant... I do not start trouble, but I will finish trouble. Do not provoke me, because at any given moment I have choice words for you my friend: from the way you are, to the way you manage your staff (and no, an education in management had nothing to do with it, your flow was wack from jump my friend... from jump).

The point is, that we do not have anything in common other than that we work at the same place. We are not in the same tax bracket, my struggles are not the same as yours, and we do not share time away from the office. When you plan your fetes, I am not on the guest list... it's cool, I don't roll how you roll and I am convinced that I would be bored anyway (who can deny that a Dominican house party is a blast?). To me a successful party is no one leaving on a stretcher, to you a success is something else. Ha, Ha.

I go back to financial management where life is more predictable and as it should be. It's all about the cash flow people!! Ah.., purging is good. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment