Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Please, Thank You, Magic, Magic, Magic, Magic

Hi it's me, Cher, the short, young woman that held the door for you and the other person you were with at that midtown Manhattan (NY) office building today. You didn't say "thank you" and I was looking forward to one because I didn't have to hold the door for you or the lady you were with. But I did nonetheless.

Because of you I decided to say "you're welcome" despite your rudeness. That is loads better than what my 3 yr old son would say: he would blatanly tell you, "you didn't say thank you to me." Maybe I need to be more like him or maybe less like me.

Today I looked youngish: all my of curls piled up on top of my head always, the ethnic looking 30 yr old woman who may look like a teenager at times. Yes, that was me!

I am sorry I look like I don't deserve any respect but I do regardless of who or what I look like. It is never too late, you can still become a better person or at least a less rude one.

So the next time that I or anyone holds the door for you please say thank you. It'll only take a second maybe two but, it has the power to turn the last 9 hrs around.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment