Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Under The Bus

Under The Bus

Everyone knows about the [external] customer. Not too long ago I learned about the internal customer and though I always knew that many parts of my job depends on other parts completed by others I never thought of myself and them as being customers as well. Ideally you want to treat all customers; internal and external, with the utmost respect because for whatever reason you depend on them.

At a small company things get a bit more complicated. It's all about working together. Because It's so small, there is no where to run, no one to run to and when there is trouble brewing - it is really bubbling over, spilling and making a huge mess all over the place. At the small company there must be solidarity. Together we stand, the regular worker bees against the rest of them. When the silent pact is broken, a big part of the working dynamic dies. Do I see you fooling around online? Yes, I do but who am I to judge and/or govern you? Should we be more productive? Of course but there is only so much you can do when there is nothing to do.

We come to the point: do not throw other employees under the bus when you are not the model of perfection by any means. Some of us have different vices, some farm on Farmville, some socialize on social networks, some do homework and some play computer solitaire. What is the difference?

While we all hold different positions we all still need each other. I need the front office and sometimes they need me too in the back. In the end we all need each other, for different reasons, but need is need.

Lets all try to get along. Lets try to work together and towards the same goal. We are in it together unless you are related to the family or marry into it - but who wants that?

"Stop, think about."

Sincerely,
~Cher
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment