Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Appreciating what I have

Appreciating what I have

Every night I pray with my son (well really, he sings his prayers) and every night we thank God for all our blessings.

Today, I count my blessings because if I am unhappy with any aspect of my life, it is because I did not heed the omens set forth by the universe and God. Either way, as my favorite poem says: - no me prometiste tu que mayo fuese iterno (Nervo) (spring was not promised to be forever).

Here goes...
•Chris - my strength and one of my most vocal supporters. It's been me and you since the beginning and since the beginning I have always loved you.
Our son - so much joy wrapped into all 38lbs of him.
•My girlfriends - we dish, we fight, we make up but in the end it has always been about our bond.
•The [dis]organization - through which I met my girl friends directly and indirectly.
•The comic relief (proprietors) - in terms of management, we won't go there. However, you are hilarious to watch. You are fodder for this blogger.
•My sister-in-law - as I think I have mentioned before, you are my support system. Your continued support has allowed me success in my studies. Thank you, I really appreciate it. I love you Lau...
Uncle Joe - you have always been a supporter of higher learning. You are the barometer to which I measure success. Thank you for the challenge.
My mom - big ups for giving birth to me and all that you have sacrificed for your girls. You are 50% of what makes me but you are 100% great.
My sister - I always tell you that if we were one person we'd be great but alas we were paired by God for a reason and it was to be sisters - a reason to never be lonely. With you I am never alone and together we will put it all in our rear view.
•Peter - the dream: come wedding day, if ever, it will be you (walking me down the aisle). It has always been you since I was 6, at 16 and forever because through it all you have always been more than an uncle. You have always treated us as if we were yours. That is something I will always remember.
To the one that saved me from walking las calles de San Bartolo desclaza, my grandmother - si no fuera por ti no hubieras tenido las opportunisades que se han presentado en mi vida. Mi familia, por generaciones - nuestras riquezas, y todo lo que somos es por ti.

Con mucho amor...

Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas (or the now popular Feliz Dubidad)

Sincerely,
~Cher

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment